… Measuring the Energy of the Human Spirit (Passion) and Linking it to the Energy of Business
PASSION. It is a word we often hear in business when we talk about employee engagement. Employees, especially Gen Y, and the newly arriving Gen Z, want to identify and attach their passions to their work. They want to address their needs for satisfying inner motivations and explain an often unarticulated dissatisfaction with a specific job, career path or work environment. Organizations want to capture those passions and translate them into work passion that manifests itself in employee commitment to the job and to the organization.
We hear about meaningful work, autonomy, feedback, work-life and workload balance, and variety and stretch opportunities as these relate to the individual. We also hear about growth, connectedness to colleagues, collaboration, employer brand, and performance expectations when we talk about the organization.
What if your organization could measure passion in the individuals who make up your employee base, and use this information in customized employee development and better-informed talent mobility decisions? What if your organization could measure passion in individuals and apply it to improving team collaboration and performance?
For the individual, measurement of one’s core passions empowers them to connect these to work opportunities. It presents a framework to guide them in their choices, better understand their own motivations, and find the meaning in almost any assignment, job or work relationship. It helps them improve their performance and navigate their career path in the present and into the future.
For the organization, the ability to measure employee core passions becomes another valuable analytic tool in the talent management toolkit to better develop employee engagement strategy and translate that strategy into effective tactics.
You will learn:
- What research says about passion and its relationship to work and employee engagement
- The Core Passion® Framework for engagement; its tools and methodology
- How the validated online Core Passion® Assessment was designed and validated
- How the Assessment interfaces with other tools
- How individuals and organizations have utilized the resulting data (case studies)
- How to link Core Passion® tool results to your unique business strategy
- How your managers can utilize this data to co-create customized employee development plans, build more collaborative teams, and make informed talent mobility decisions